Monday, January 25, 2010

Mocha Monday

Ok...I don't know about you, but I am a little tired of snow already and it's only the end of January!!!! Living in PA, it is understood that winter lasts sometimes until April. How many St. Patty's Day Parades do you know that are filled with exuberant people clad in layers of winter clothes, hats and gloves? Good thing they serve beer to warm up, eh? lol ;) Well, I decided I wanted to feature a nice summer-ish drink to give me something to look forward to....a simple recipe really. An Italian soda! What is an italian soda you ask? It is kind of like a soft drink. It is made from carbonated water and flavored syrup. See...I told you it was simple :)


You can actually go a step further and make an Italian Cremosa by adding milk, cream or whipped cream.



Apple Italian Soda:
San Pellegrino Sparkling Mineral Water
Torani Apple Syrup
served well chilled over ice

This is so simple yet so tasty! Don't the bubbles make it look super refreshing? I always prefer to use the San Pellegrino....it is the best (IMO)!

Some other flavor suggestions:
Blood Orange....try this as a Cremosa and it tastes like a Creamsicle....yum!
Raspberry
Strawberry
Peach
Pomegranate....and more!

No comments: