Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Deck the Halls....

with owls in sweaters...fa la la la la, la la la la....huh? Oops! Wrong song ;) I just love to make up my own words to songs...then I sing them to the dog...and he loves them...how is that for loyalty? Can't beat it :)

The card that inspired the song...ha ha ha...
"Merry Christmas":
Supplies Used:
Card: Office Depot (cut to size)
Cardstock: Neenah; Unknown (using up scraps)
Patterned Paper: Stampin' Up
Stamps: Hero Arts
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Barn Door Distress Ink (Ranger)
Ribbon: Stampin' Up
Buttons: Foof a La
Other: Xmas Red Stickles; Copic Markers (Owl- E18, E17, E15, E13; Owl Eyes- YG00, YG0000; Beak- Y15, Y13, Y11; Sweater and Berries- R29, R27, R24, R22)
Are you starting your holiday cards yet? I have 2 done...I will probably end up buying them again this year...gasp! I know, I know....lol! Naughty card maker! Shall I expect coal this year in my stocking? As long as I can color with it, I'll be ok :)

7 comments:

AGohl said...

Adorable card. The owl is super cute :)

I have 6 or 7 done. I decided that I was going to send out home made cards to the people it would mean something to and store bought cards that I got at an awesome discount right after Christmas at TJMaxx last year.

Brianna Marshall said...

I soo love it!how can you beat an owl in a sweater!just perfecto!

Clare said...

Haha Pryn, you make me smile every time I visit your blog. ;)
What a sweet adorable owl! Kinda like you....without the owl part of course. ;)

Maureen Merritt said...

heehee, I like your verse better than the real one :) You always make me smile!!! And, so does that owl! I love your card Pryn!!

2amscrapper said...

How cute is this, an owl in a sweater--love it! Thanks for visiting my blog today--I hope you'll join in by posting something haunted on your blog!

Angela B. said...

Lol! That's funny! I sent out hand made cards last year to most of my friends and family. The in-laws received store bought cards. I hope to make my own again this year. Since I started making cards for the card swaps at Anysoldier.com I forget about myself sometimes. I have created the layout for the 20 Christmas cards I am making for the swap. Now I have to think about family. I love the Owl in the sweater! I am glad I am not the only one who sings to their own beat! ;)

Andrea6760 said...

What a cute card Pryn! I have a sister and niece that both love owls and I always use them as an excuse to buy some. I have a set of owls in sweaters and I love them! LOL Thanks for some inspiration to get mine out and use them.

Thanks!
~Andrea