Friday, January 21, 2011

Faith...

whew! Finally, it is Friday...I had a pretty long, emotional and tough week. Many reasons...all of which I am working on leaving behind...finding strength to move on....having faith that the person I am is nothing short of amazing....I wear my heart on my sleeve and that makes me an easy target most of the time...the tears may fall, but I never will...I will continue to be kind to others....I will continue to encourage....I will continue to support...I will continue to smile...all because I believe that people will treat you as you treat them, which is why I was so confused as to why I had to go through not one, but two incidents...shortly after asking why, I received a few emails that gave me strength and filled me with pride and love...friends...friends who are like family...they will never go away....they will never doubt me...they will never lose trust in me....because...they get me...unconditional love and friendship...that is my reward...so, while some may not be happy with me or like me, I have people in my life that do...I am a LUCKY girl...am I still sad? You bet...but..I cannot be sad for decisions that were right for me. Remember...some things are not always as they appear...while your mind may be made up that I have not done right by you...trust in God that my heart was and always is in the right place...you can bet on it. So for anyone who is going through a tough time....a card of strength and faith...always trust in yourselves my sweet friends...why? Because you are worth it!

"Be Faithful In Small Things":


Supplies Used:
Card: Made from scrap cardstock
Patterned Paper: Making Memories
Cardstock: Unknown (using up scraps)
Ink: Versamagic Dew Drops Jumbo Java, Pink Petunia and Pixie Dust (Tsukineko)
Stamps: Sentiment - "Cherish Your Dreams" and Stem - "Sing A New Song" sets both by Ippity
Rhinestones: Kaisercraft; MAMBI
Ribbon: Darice
Punch: 1/4" Circle (EK Success)
Other: Pop Dots; CD (used as the card template)

My "Faux Scallop" edge:


I used my 1/4" circle punch to punch out circles to adhere half all along the outside edge of the card. You are probably thinking that this was a lot of work...it actually was done in 5 minutes...no kidding! I then adhered a circle of patterned paper on top to leave only the scallop edge to show.


Close up of the Stamping:

I absolutely LOVE this stem stamp!!! It is one of my FAVES!!! I have another card in which I used it that I cannot wait to show you :) With this card I stamped in different coordinating inks and finished the look off with a few rhinestones.
To share this wonderful Ippity sentiment. it reads,
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies".
Thank you to my dear sweet friends that took the time to let me know how much I mean to you. My blessings and cup runneth over (if you have ever watched the movie "Hope Floats", then this should ring a bell)...LOVE YOU!!!!

11 comments:

Sandra said...

Sorry to hear you had a tough week!
But you are right, be strong and no matter what people say, belive in yourself and what you do!
Gorgeous card! I love that faux scalloped edge!!! Have to try that one right now... Thanks for the inspiration!
S

lesleyworth said...

sorry to hear your week has been rough! hugs! you are an amazing gal and that's all that needs to be said! gorgeous card, BTW!

Rona said...

Faith... I would not be here without it!! You ARE amazing and wonderful and maybe this stronger faith you are feeling right now is the lesson learned from this difficult time. Oh and by the way I love love love your Ippity card!!

Trina said...

Pryn, I only know a little about one of the things, but I'm happy to see that you're pushing on... I love how you're always so positive and encouraging! Keep it up! :D

Lynne Armstrong said...

Hey Pryn...you go girl :) Faith is a great gift to have...so happy you have it, along with an amazing attitude. Just remember, what goes 'round, comes 'round!! It's tough trying to make sense of these things when you haven't 'done' anything to deserve it but I believe everything happens for a reason.
So happy to be on the Outlawz DT with you and look forward to getting to know you better :)
Hugs xx

Brenda said...

Hey Pryn I love your card. I love this faux scallop!!! How smart is that!! I am sorry your week was bad, hope that it got better as it went on, and next week will be even better!! So glad to be getting to know you!!! :)

Charmaine said...

Pryn, first time visiting your blog. I am so sorry that you had a rough week, but your message was so powerful. We should all remember to put our trust in God and treat others right. Girl, you have a sisterhood of crafters who love you just because you are you.
Love the card!!!

Clare said...

Oh no, sorry to hear that you've been going through such tough time, Pryn! Sending lots of big hugs and kisses your way - you are an amazing, lovable, person, and I'm so glad you are who you are! :)
Oh, and what a lovely card! I really like the punched circle technique - I may have to try that soon! :)

Maureen Merritt said...

Your words and your card are beautiful. You are a good and true friend. I'm sorry you have had such a difficult time, I know your heart has always been in the right place. Big hugs!

Tammy said...

This is so beautiful g/f!! I love the scalloped edge and I am going to have to try this!! Thank you for the mini tutorial. You rock sweetie!!! Love ya!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

What a great post!!!!I loved every word and I should take that advice for myself!!! Hey I love your Ippity card I featured it over at the Ippity blog!!!!