Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A little bit of winter in August with grunge flakes :)

I recently purchased a set of Tim Holtz's Grunge Flakes by Stampers Anonymous...LOVE them!!!!!!!!!!!! I used them with Versamark ink to make the bacground paper...i like the watermark effect :) The frame was actually a solid Unity stamp....I cut the bird image out of the center with an exacto knife and voila! I was left with a gorgeous frame....yummy! My heart flutters when I can use a stamp in more than one way :) Wouldn't you agree?

"Every New Season Brings New Wonder":

Supplies Used:
Card: Made from scrap cardstock
Cardstock: Unknown (using up scraps)
Ink: Versamark (Tsukineko); Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Distress Inks Peeled Paint and Shabby Shutters (Ranger)
Stamps: Unity KOTM May 2011; Sentiment - Ippity "New Season New Wonder" set; Grungeflakes (Tim Holtz)
Rhinestones: Kaisercraft
Twine: Darice
Other: Pop Dots; Inkessentials Foam Blending Tool (Ranger)

Close up of the frame:



Hugs to all :)

3 comments:

Dana said...

Love the grunge snowflakes and what an amazing way to repurpose this stamp! I am going to have to look at mine in a whole new way : )
xx

Clare said...

So fun, Pryn! Love the how you used the stamp, and the grunge snowflakes! And I know what you mean about using your stamps in a different way - been challenging myself to do that lately. :)
BIG hugs!!! :)

Unknown said...

Pryn, so sorry for late posing...it's been a very busy summer! I love the grunge snowflake and going to check them out! Love your sentiment for it is so true! Hugz!