Thursday, August 29, 2013

Fun With Distress Markers

I broke out my Distress Markers to create this card. I forgot how much fun I can have with them. I am so happy that I ordered the new set...just got them on Saturday :) I used a mister to help the colors blend together on the background, but left them go on the sentiment. I like the combination of the 2 looks. Definitely going to experiment more with this :)

"You Light Up My Life":


SUPPLIES USED:
Card: Office Depot
Cardstock: Unknown (using up scraps)
Watercolor Paper: Cannon
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Stamp: Unity KOTM October 2011
Other: Pop Dots; Distress Markers (Ranger); Water Mister (Ranger)

Playing along with:
The Outlawz CAS Challenge
Oozak Challenge #20
Unity Stamp Company's Friends With Flair

I hope this post turns out ok. I am using an app on my iPad and it doesn't give me all of the options that my laptop does. *fingers crossed* that it is alright :) Hope you all have a great weekend!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

24 comments:

Kary said...

I love the colourful background and the beautiful sentiment!! Well done, Pryn!!

Kris said...

Love the mix of the softer background with the bolder sentiment. Lovely CAS card.

Katherine said...

I love the rainbow of colors on this!

NoraAnne said...

Beautiful! I have to remember to use my Distress Markers more!

Penny said...

Just gorgeous, Pryn! Love the band of color, the fish tail, and the fun sentiment. You're the best at CAS design! :^)
Hugs, Penny
Have a great weekend!

Ruby said...

This is a very pretty card.

Rachel B said...

What a fun card! Love all the colors and the matching sentiment.

Crystal said...

I love how you did that blended background! I can barely find the time to craft these days but this definitely makes me want to play with my distress markers!

Ann said...

Pryn ~ Love the colors on your card so much; the sentiment is perfect with it! I'm so happy to see you over at Oozak; hope you're doing well. :0)

Gwen said...

Wonderful! I'm thinking of getting those markers....looks like fun! Great card!

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

great job on the background with your TH markers!

Noelle Reese said...

I love this card! Very pretty!!

Julie Odil said...

That's a great background! Love how you did that. I'm resisting those distress markers so far, so quit tempting me, Pryn. I don't need them, I don't need them, I don't need them. There. Maybe that did it!

Karen (karey2005) said...

Beautiful! I love what you did with the distress markers!

Angeline Choo said...

That's a pretty background with the distress markers.... Time to whip mine out!

Lucy E. said...

Great technique! I love the background!

Kris B said...

Beautiful CAS card! Love the rainbow panel!!

JPScraps said...

Too cute! I, too, love the look of the markers.

Samantha Casey said...

This is so pretty, I love the colors! Amazing job! Good Luck with the Oozak Challenge!

-Samantha

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

I like! The background looks really soft and blended. I don't even own distress markers...I have been looking for something to create a tie die effect and those just may do it!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I am with Julie... I have resisted so far. This looks awesome! I feel the tug.

Scrapper Myra said...

Post turned out well. And the CAS card beautiful.

Miwa said...

Beautiful - simple but sweet! Great design!

angie/shuggy said...

love this design!