Monday, May 12, 2008

It's a wrap...


Game 2 is in the books and we are looking forward to going to Philly. Do I think it is over? Absolutely not. I still think it is going to be quite the battle. I am having so much much this playoff season. It has been a long time to get me to where I am excited watching the sport again. After they cancelled a season, I had a really hard time getting back into it. It has been a lot of fun so far and I hope that we can continue it all the way.




How was your Mother's Day? Mike and I took my mom to the Baltimore House for dinner. She loves seafood and we have had a good meal there in the past. Well, things have changed there. It was awful. The service was terrible. After waiting 45 minutes, the waitress came back to our table and told Mike they were out of his dinner. So, he ordered the same thing as me. The first time they brought our food (yes, the first time), it wasn't ours. They set it down in front of us for a few minutes, took it back and then delivered it to another table. Good thing we didn't touch it. They tried to serve my mother 2 different fish dishes, before they got the correct one. When they brought our food out, they gave Mike something that was not Fillet Mignon or the Prime Rib that he ordered originally. He said it tasted like pork. My food was pretty good. I got 2 4 oz. portions of meat. One was cooked as I liked it and the other was not. Mike benefited from that ;) As we are driving home, I noticed I didn't feel right. By the time we walked in the house I knew exactly what was going on. I have a shellfish allergy (grew into it and now I can never have my most favorite dish....lobster....or shrimp....or crab....you get the picture) and either they didn't wipe a counter or didn't change utensils....I really have no clue. All I know is that shellfish touched something I was eating and it was a milder reaction then when I last ingested it, but a reaction nonetheless. Sigh......just a nightmare the whole way around. It was not a cheap dinner by any means and it was pretty awful. Especially when you take in the atmosphere as well. Waitresses were fighting with each other. Hostesses were yelling at waitresses and each other. Belligerent drunk customers were swearing and swerving. Fuses were blowing out. Yikes! Sorry mom! At least it was memorable? lol! I will make it up to you. I promise. This time, I will pick the restaurant. OK, mom? lmao! At least we were together. That is all that matters, or, as I would have said last night, 'aht leatht we wurr togetha,' fat tongue and all ;) Free the lobsters!!!!





No comments: