Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Holiday Ornaments

Continuing with my rendition of the 12 days of Christmas projects (I may run into trouble in few days here...lol), here is yet another class that I taught. Memory Glass Holiday Ornaments. I really loved making these as gifts. While more time consuming than the previous days' projects, this one is definitely worth the extra effort. I am hoping to go in and edit to provide tutorials for these projects (hopefully with the first big snowfall).


This can either be your back or front of the ornament. In my case, it is the back.

This is the front. I tried to use current photos of each family member so that it documents how each individual truly was during that year (in this example, it is my husband in 2006). I love to look at how much has changed each year that we hang it on the tree.

We also have one of Mike's grandmother who passed away on December 22nd. It is a nice comfort to hang her ornament on our tree each year. It reminds us that she is still with us in our hearts and will always be a part of Christmas.
To my Gammie....although I do not have an ornament made for you (YET), I still think of you everyday....remembering how much I love you, how much you have taught me and how very much I still miss you. I love you!

No comments: