Monday, August 31, 2009

Whew!

These last 2 weeks have been rough. First, Bing had to get stitches in his paw. The vet said if it were any deeper, he would have lost one of his toes. Poor baby actually fainted while he was getting his stitches. He was only out for a couple of seconds, but the vet said she had never seen that before. Yes, he is a pioneer...a legend if you will. Yay for me...dang dog is giving me gray hair by the day.
"Houdini", as he is now known, had the bandage off 5 times within the first 2 hours. We had to get adult human supplies to get the final bandage to stay. Thankfully he only had to have the bandage on for the first 48 hours. What a long 10 days that was.

Thank goodness for Gold Fish Crackers aka "Feech"....I can get him to do almost anything with Gold Fish...almost...

Showing off his wound....he is a complete ham even when he is in pain...



Not finished yet...my mom had an ER visit and signed out AMA, so I was taking care of her and her dog, as well as mine. Wow! Can you say 'breakdown'? On the plus side, I have not had my laundry this close to being caught up in 5 YEARS!!!!
Always remember to hug and kiss your mom/dad if you are blessed to still have them here with you. I was very blessed that I did not have to say goodbye, but what a scary thing. I love and appreciate her every day and now even more. Hopefully, the worst is behind us. Please God, let this be true.

No comments: