Thursday, September 3, 2009

Before the madness...

I actually completed a layout! It has been a long time since I felt well enough to do so and I am so thankful to have done it. I can't believe how much I missed creating with my hands. If you are an addict like myself, then you know exactly where I am coming from. I have some must-do cards to take care if this weekend. 2 are long overdue, but I am hoping that it will be a welcome surprise. I will post them once they are received. I also have a bunch of past projects to post within the coming weeks. Hoping to keep my re-inspiration going :)



I saw a video that Heidi Swapp had done on collage stamping, so I used that as my base technique to get the layout started. Fun, super easy and mindless....love that combo ;)
If I can figure out how to post the link to the video, I will go back and edit to do so.

Products used:
Cardstock background-unknown; Blue cardstock strip/s-Bazzill; Patterned Paper strip-Wild Asparagus (My Mind's Eye)
Flowers: made from Boshers (Bazzill); Rub Ons added-Doodle Bug Mini in Beetle Black (words read "Sweet", "Precious" and "Loving"; Cardstock stems punched with Fiskars border punch
Title letters "Brown Eyed Boy": Grungeboard (Tim Holtz); Painted with Weathered Wood Crackle Paint (Ranger); Ink Applicator (Tim Holtz) was used to rub Black Soot Distress Ink (Ranger) into the letters and then wiped away quickly with a soft cloth for added depth
Ink used for stamping: Tsukineko Brilliance Black ink (can't remember the factory name at the moment)......side note: I soooo love this ink for stamping with acrylic stamps! The images always turn out so crisp!
Stamp companies: Studio G; Bo Bunny; Love, Elsie; Hot Off the Press; K & Co.; Basic Grey; Heidi Swapp; Close To My Heart; InkaDinkaDoo
The paper strips were distressed with the Tonic Edge Distressor (Tim Holtz) and then inked with Distress Inks Weathered Wood and Walnut Stain (Ranger).

Journaling strips read:
Looking into those soft brown eyes, my heart gets stolen over and over again. You are so much more to me than just a dog. You are my little boy.

Yep....I am officially obsessed with my dog....time for kids maybe? lol ;)

No comments: