Friday, September 4, 2009

a "latte" fun and easy to make...

This Maya Road mini cup chipboard album was a class that I taught at my LSS. I was restricted with what I could use (I would normally have gone embellie-crazy...lol), but it turned out to be a "latte" fun for the students (and myself).

On the front and back cover (not pictured) I used a technique introduced by I.O.D. - it's a faux leather look that uses a wax crayon and Ranger Color Wash Spray (I used Walnut Stain). You need an embossed image so I ran both pieces through my CuttleBug using an embossing folder. Really a cool and fun technique! The girls loved it!

To make the foam I used Liquid Applique. What dimension it added! The toughest thing with this product is having the patience not to touch it until after it dries. Whew! For me, this was tough ;)

I used my old school Dymo labeler for the title. I cut white core cardstock strips and thread them through. After my title was labeled, I sanded the paper to reveal the white print.


With my "Family Warms the Heart" theme, I filled my album pages with pics of some of my family. My husband is a cutie when he wants to be ;)

Adding a clear glaze pen to the doodle heart centers, gave the pic a subtle uplift.


Some of the papers are Basic Grey, K&Co and We R Memory Keepers. Each page is cut out from a 6x6 square. Using the paper saving technique left me with just enough extra scrap to mat my photos. I used each page's opposite to mat the other.






I used one of my favorite stamps on this page. My coffee ring stamp. I heat embossed the image with clear embossing powder to give it that wet, just stained look :) Love the Heidi Swapp acrylic stamp font too. So cool!

Lots of stamps and doodles in this album. Fast, easy and inexpensive. I'm big fan of that!

The final page hosts a matchbook mini album. A mini in a mini, if you will....lol! Tim Holtz's Tiny Attacher is perfect for binding it together.

This is an open view so you can the pages. The front pages have pics (4 additional) and the other sides have quotes.

mmm...this album makes me crave a banana coconut Chai Tea latte (don't knock it until you've tried it...it's delicious)! I think I will make myself a little treat in the AM when I get to work!

No comments: