Monday, September 21, 2009

Letters B and C

Trying to get caught up with these letters :) Here are letters B and C.

Letter B: The challenge is to make a birthday card using numbers on it.


Inside photo: I figured I would include this photo. Otherwise, you wouldn't know it was for a birthday ;)


Close up of the applique numbers. If you haven't worked with this stuff yet, give it a try. I love it! Fun and easy to use and comes in different colors (for another example see the post with my mini coffee mug chipboard album). So far, I have collected white, black, red and green. Oh the possibilities! I am a texture junkie at times....how about you?




Products used:
Card: DCWV Textured
Stamps: Pink Paislee (Rocket); Autumn Leaves (Numbers); Cloud 9 (Stars on the inside of card)
Inks: Archival Ink Jet Black (Ranger); Brilliance Moonlight White (Tsukineko)- applied with stipple brush to card base for clouds
Ribbon: Michael's
Also used: Bic Mark-Its; Black Liquid Applique- heat embossed to make rocket blast and to trace over the number stamps; Souffle Pens (Sakura; used for inside greeting)

Moving on....

Letter C: The challenge is to use a coloring tool and to pop an image or 2 on the card as well.
I colored my transparency flowers with Tim Holtz's Alcohol Inks and Refillable Pens. They are so much fun! Takes some getting used to at first :) My raised images are 2 of the flowers. I have to remind myself to get some tiny pop dots. I have to cut some larger ones to fit behind the crystals. That got a little crazy. I just wonder why every time I work with pop dots they end up in my hair????? Grrr.....


Close up photo of the raised flowers:

Products used:
Card: DCWV Textured
Die Cuts: Quickutz Sunshine AlphabetStamps: Imaginisce
Inks: Archival Ink Jet Black (Ranger); Alcohol Inks for coloring (Ranger)
Cardstock: unknown (using up some scraps)
Crystals: Darice
Also used: Alcohol Ink Refillable Pens; Pop Dots; Inkjet Transparencies (Graphix)

Tomorrow I will post letters D and E. I am behind still with 2 letters to get caught up (F and G). If you haven't started this yet, I highly recommend participating. It is really helping to amp up my creativity levels and it's a ton of fun on the boards!!!! Get on over to www.wescrap.com now!!!!!!


1 comment:

Beeceecreativity said...

this jumps off the page...great colouring