Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Letters D and E...

Still catching up....it seems as if I may always end up 2 behind on this one :) On the plus side, at least I have something to contribute to the blog world more often. My next goal once I get myself in the groove again is to try to get some more participation. Part of the excitement is to see who is following, who is commenting...Hmmm...I do believe I am breaking out of my shy stage. Now I am looking for people to read instead of praying that no one will find me ;)

Letter D: Distress Christmas theme


Products used:
Card: DCWV Textured
Tags: Basic Grey Stamps: Imaginisce
Inks: Versamagic Chalk Ink color Tea Leaves (Tsukineko)
Ribbon: Michael's
Also used: Tonic Edge Distressing Tool (used around the tag bulbs#; Tim Holtz sanding tool #Ranger); Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Sheet Music printed from the Internet; Paper tearing

This one seemed to take forever to develop. Not the idea of the tag Christmas bulbs, but the fact that I lost my second B plate for my Cuttlebug. Can't find it anywhere, so I had to make some cardboard shims to help it along. I just didn't want to let go of the embossed tree leaves....stubborn I guess ;) I am thinking I may have set on top of too much stuff and it slipped into the garbage without my knowledge....which makes me wonder what else slipped in there...uh oh! So far I am not missing anything else (knocking on wood).

Letter E: Eek Factor....using either embossing or eyelets:

Loved this one! Can't wait for the Halloween season. Scary movies, candy, decorations, costumes.....bring it on!!!!!


Products used:
Card: DCWV Textured
Stamps: Close To My Heart (Spider and the word Boo); InkaDinkaDo (Trick Or Treat on Inside of card)
Inks: Archival Ink Jet Black (Ranger); Distress Ink Black Soot (Ranger)
Die Cuts: Quickutz Revolution (Spiderweb); Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels One
Punches: Fiskars border
Cardstock: unknown (using up some scraps)
Also used: Black Liquid Applique to emboss spider; Diamond and Grape Stickles; Embossing Powder Black Sparkle (Whispers- applied to Trick or Treat inside card)

Close up of the Liquid Applique heat embossed spider. So authentic looking with all of that texture that I almost squished it thinking it was real....lol ;) I had so much fun with it on letter B that I had to repeat :)



Heat embossed sentiment on the inside:

I had never used this brand of embossing powder before. It's called Whispers. Not only is it fabulous, but it also has crazy glitter in it! LOVE it!!!!! I will embossing my bats off ;)
I am hoping to get caught up with my alphabet tomorrow. I will be 2 in the hole tomorrow...letters F and G. I am a bit worried because letter F involves intricate cutting and this will be a test with my hands....hope they don't get too sore and knock me back out of the loop again :( I'll just take my time and not pick anything too crazy...ha ha!


No comments: