Friday, October 30, 2009

"13 Days Of Halloween"...Day 12...

One more day to go until we indulge in the Halloween gluttony! I am STILL sick, but will be passing out candy drenched in anti-bacterial hand sanitizer. It is fragrant, so it's not too bad. Hopefully it doesn't attract vampires (unless their name is Edward Cullen...lol).


Frankenstein Box with handle:


Side view so you can see his bolts that are made from spray painted tacks:


Bolt close up:

I first stuck the tacks in foam and spray painted them silver. All I had at home was clear ones and that simply wouldn't do. I used Krylon Short Cuts which dried to touch in a little less than 30 minutes. One coat was all it took. Next, I cut the sharp part off with wire cutters and sanded the sharp edge down a bit. I didn't worry too much about it because I attached it to the box with the thick craft glue dots. It covered up the stub leftover.

Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Darice
Punches: 1/2" Circle (EK Success)
Other: Coluzzle Box Template; Silver Spray Paint (Krylon Short Cuts); Tacks (Wal-Mart); Zig Marker; Uniball Signo White Pen
Happy Friday...that's right, it's Friday....Whoo hoo!!!!!

No comments: