Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Letter S and T...

Letter S: This challenge was to simply add some "snow" to the card. The snow effect that I added was done with the Glistening Snow Writer by Deco Art. It adds a beautiful glitter effect. You can put as much as on as you want for added dimension (the thicker the coat, the longer the drying time). The trees were made from paper scraps cut into triangles and fringed with scissors.


Products Used:
Card: Michael's
Patterned Paper: Flair; unknown; Love Elsie (Tree Trunks)
Cardstock: Unknown (using up scraps)
Stamps: Kaiser KraftInk: Brilliance Dew Drop Rocket Red (Tsukineko)
Other supplies: Glistening Snow Writer (DecoArt); Zig Pen; Tonic Edge Distressor


Close up of the tree "branches":



Letter T: This challenge was to use paper tearing on a card. The background paper strip and Frankenstein were both torn.

Products Used:
Card: DCWV Textured
Patterned Paper: Miss Elizabeth
Cardstock: unknown (using up scraps)
Die Cuts: Quickutz Metro Mini Font
Other supplies: Zig Pen; Metallic Marker (American Crafts)
The card title is a play off of an old 80's song/group (Relax by Frankie Goes To Hollywood...remember them?). The card reads, 'Frankie says relax... and enjoy the Halloween season!'.

whoo hoo!!! I see the finish line in sight! We have until Saturday to finish and I am determined to get this done. It has been so much fun! I also want to try to see if I can submit for the Design Team call as well. 2 problems with this: 1...I haven't started and it's due tomorrow and I will not have time to work on it as it is already late (yikes)...and 2...I have never done this before. No tries, no submits for publications...nothing. I guess this is why I waited until the last minute....FEAR!!!! Ugh! All I can do is try to make the deadline. If I don't, then it was not meant to be.
Here's to a marathon Thursday of creating....at least until I can get rid of this pesky thing called work...lol ;)

1 comment:

Beeceecreativity said...

love the xmas trees with turned rolled up edges.. very cute