Sunday, October 11, 2009

Letters Q and R....

still trying to catch up. Yesterday was the final day (letter Z) and I thought I was going to hand up the towel.....but then I read that all letters were to be posted by October 17th. That means an extra week to get caught up! I am determined to finish...no matter how busy I get (it has been 2 cray back-to-back weeks at work). I may just pull this off yet.

Letter Q: This letter is for Quilting. Here is my take on the challenge...


Products Used:
Card: DCWV Textured
Patterned Paper: DCWV; Love, Elsie; unknown scraps
Cardstock: Unknown (using up scraps)
Inks: Versamagic Chalk Ink- Jumbo Java and Black (Tsukineko)
Stamps: Close To My Heart
other: Zig pen

Close up of the quilted pumpkins....in layering the pieces, I got away without having to use pop dots. Adding the ink around the edges gave it just enough pop for ultra dimension.


Letter R: This challenge was to use some of your rejected supplies. It seems I have a ton of that stuff. The tags are from one of those QVC kits....you remember, the ones that we all bought when we first started because you received 2,800 pieces, plus an album AND a keepsake box for $40. What a sucker I was. I think that is where the swearing off kits started. I have so many of these sitting around. What a waste of money :( On a positive note, We Scrap has put together an awesome kit that has made me change my mind for the time being. I must get it this payday. If you haven't seen it, check it out on their homepage http://www.wescrap.com.



Products Used:
Card: DCWV Textured
Tags: QVC kit
Letters: Acrylic Alphabet (Recollections)
Wire: unknown scraps
Other: Zig Opaque White Pen; Wire tool; newspaper (backing of the flower)

Close up of the acrylic letters and wire. The acrylic letters were attached with glossy accents.


I finished these at 4:00am this morning (couldn't sleep thanks to watching some spooky Halloween movies). I didn't have time to create letters S and T like I had originally planned. Hoping to attempt S, T and U tomorrow.

Hope you had a fantastic weekend!!!! I enjoyed a day with friends celebrating a Steelers win, so Monday may not be so bad at all this week ;)

1 comment:

Beeceecreativity said...

you are rocking these cards....fantastic job....love the pumpkins