Friday, February 12, 2010

Mike's Valentine 2010...

Remember when saying the year 2010 you instantly thought of a life like the Jetsons? Well, here we are still driving cars on the road and not in the sky. 2010 doesn't seem half as scary as it did a few years back. Well, at least on some levels anyway. I am nursing a small obsession with robots and spaceships right now. No idea where it is coming from, but, alas, it 'tis the theme of my hubby's Valentine this year. This trifold card opens to reveal an envelope with a mix cd (yes....I went there....I am still living in the now because I didn't make a mix tape...lol) that I made of songs that remind me of him. Just a little something extra :)

Front cover:

Products Used:
Card: Trifold made with Colormates cardstock
Cardstock: Colormates; unknown (using up scraps)
Stamps: RecollectionsInks: Archival Jet Black (Ranger)
Die Cuts: Cookie Cutter Circles (Quickutz)
Other: Pop Dots; Zig Pen; Star Dust Stickles (Ranger); Cuttlebug Embossing Folder-Swiss Dots (Provo Craft); Magnetic Snap (Basic Grey); Wax paper bag (used to hold the Music CD inside card)
Close-up of the wax paper bag envelope:

Close-up of the hippest robot on the planet....you have to be hip if you are wearing Stickles right?

Are you finished making your Valentines? I still have a mini mailbox to make for my mom. I bought her some Chamomile Nights tea bags to place inside....shh! It's a secret ;)

No comments: