Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Valentine's continue....

Ever play with texture paste? This stuff is so much fun! I wanted these hearts to look like iced sugar cookies. I was pleased with the outcome.

The letters are etched into the texture paste that I spread onto hand cut chipboard hearts with a pallet knife. Well, it's not the good chipboard and certainly not acid free, but it worked nicely. I actually recycled the chip that was on the back of a paper pack. I added a wee bit of pink re-inker to the paste before I spread it onto the hearts. A little bit of re-inker goes a loooooonnnng way! I then etched the letters with a stylus tip.

Card reads: u + me (on the front) = Love (inside)

Supplies Used:
Card: DCWV Textured
Cardstock: Unknown (using up scraps)
Ribbon: Michael's
Inks: Distress Ink Tattered Rose and Worn Lipstick Distress Pad Re-Inker (both by Ranger)

I still have to finalize my design for this year. I am running out of time. They will have to be in the mail no later than tomorrow AM....yikes! They may arrive on Monday as it is. These winds that are accompanying this snowfall have been playing games with the power. Grrr...early spring please! Who's with me?

No comments: