Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Throwback Tuesday....

Whoo hoo!!!! We had 2 of my sistahs play along last week. Here are the links to Mo and Clare's posts. Please go and leave them some love. Throwback Tuesdays has brought some fun times already and we are only on week 3 :)

Mo:
http://stampandscrapwithmaureen.blogspot.com/2010/03/just-for-fun.html

Clare:
http://bearydocardsinc.blogspot.com/2010/03/throwback-thursday.html

This week's throwback has to be a layout with my mom....today is her birthday :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

Here's my throw:


Oh yeah...breakin' out the rub on titles, the silk flowers...you know...before Prima became the who' who in flowers...I even used a plate to trace the large circle....the small circles were made with my clunky chunky circle punches....a little corner rounder action..., but the best though are the splat die cuts...what is so special about them? They have crystal lacquer (before glossy accents girlies....which is still a fave of mine to use) on them to give them that "wet", just splashed look....yeah bay-beeeeee!!!!! How about the patterned paper? THE STACK!!! Yep...I have a tower of paper set to donate from those things. If they were on sale, I had to get 2....NO MORE STACKS...say it with me....NO MORE STACKS!!!!

Who else was a stack addict? Fess up now....This was phase 2 in the paper craze...phase 1 we covered last week...reminder? QVC kits...ugh!!!!

Ok...so here's the deal....I will be putting together a RAK for next week's participation...if you participate this week AND link up to this post (you gotta link up to qualify)...you will get 1 extra chance for the RAK next week. This Tuesday and next Tuesday could give you 2 chances, so get to throwin' peeps!!!!

Oh...before I forget...layouts and cards qualify, so all you cardmakers....start digging!!!!!

Let's THROW IT BACK!!!!

3 comments:

Clare said...

Haha, I am a big fan of stacks, Pryn - and, I know how to use them! ;) I will definitly dig in my photos to try and find an old pic; if I can't, I guess I'll have to take ANOTHER (horror of horrors) picture! ;)

Maureen Merritt said...

This is cute Pryn! For me it depends on the stack...I've given most of my stacks to my boys for their craft supplies. I do have a big "My Mind's Eye" stack that I love and use a lot, mostly on my cards. Maybe I'm not so trendy :)
I played along again: http://stampandscrapwithmaureen.blogspot.com/2010/03/its-time-for-another-throwback.html

Mary Hamer said...

LOL! Pryn I swear I'm addicted to all the DCWV stacks. It's almost like a collection obsession! Once a new one comes out - I just have to buy it! It has gotten a bit tricky since JoAnns and Michaels will carry different patterns. I think I have sold many of the older ones though - I had to make room!!

Have you ever tried making a 3D flower by cutting a decorative circle punch into a spiral and rolling it? I've done it to a few of my cards on my blog - probably should do a tutorial one of these days

mary