Saturday, June 4, 2011

CAS challenge @ The OUTLAWZ PARTY!!!

Hey all! It is time to start The Outlawz Summer Party!!!!! The Outlawz girlz have a FABULOUS line-up for you this week with LOADS of AMAZING prizes!!!! First up is the CAS group. Here is a direct link to get you a jump start:


This is my first creation off of my leave of absence....of course, I had to make it for her....even if there is no where to send it, it had to be for her.

"I Miss You":

Supplies Used:
Card: Michael's
Cardstock: Unknown (using up scraps)
Stamps: Unity Itty Bitty "Beauitful Disaster" by Marah Johnson; sentiment -CTMH "For Every Occasion" set; Heart Template - CTMH "Soul Mates" set
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Distress Fired Brick (Ranger)
Button: Darice
Other: Paper Piercer (Heidi Swapp); Embroidery Floss (DMC); Zig Millenium Pen .01 (EK Success); Inkessentials Foam Blending Tool (Ranger)

For this challenge I chose to paper pierce as one of the requirements. I knew I wanted to use a heart so I decided to use a stamped image as a template. First, I stamped the image...it doesn't even have to be a crisp or clean image. Then, I used my piercing tool to pierce around the stamp.

Next, I cut around the outside of the pierced edging.


When I finished, it looked like this:


I then flipped it over, piercing the holes again for it to stand out more and finished up by adding some Fired Brick Distressed Ink with a foam blending tool to bring out the dimension of the holes.


I used an xacto knife to cut partial parts of the butterfly stamped image out...


so I could tuck the heart behind it.


The finished look up close:



We sure hope to have you play along with us. This is the beginning of a WEEK long celebration with a NEW challenge posting EVERY day! Did I happen to mention the LOADS of prizes? Yes, I said PRIZES!!!! Come check out the fun!!!!

2 comments:

ThePurplePlace said...

Your card is stunning ! I have missed your wonderful creativity and it's a joy to see your sharing your talent!!

Hugs,
Lis

Unknown said...

Pryn, Gorgeous card and she loves it! Love the technique and will be doing this one in the future for sure! You should post this in the PDF tutorials for I think it's an awesome explanation!