Friday, January 16, 2009

TEMPER TANTRUM FRIDAY

Oh yes....that is what we are calling Fridays at my house. Why you ask? It seems that every Friday BadaBing does something that requires an emergency vet appointment. The 4:30pm slot belongs to us. What did he do this time? Ripped the tube completely out of his ear!!!!!! He did a nice job though. Clean pull, no skin tearing....quite amazing actually. Not amazing enough to be without a tube though. I hate to hear him cry. It really rips me apart inside. I now know the true meaning of 'this hurts you more than it hurts me'. You never forget that yelp of pain. The tears building in his chocolate brown eyes. Kills me. Thank goodness he is a strong one. He gets over it more quickly than I do. A little goldfish crackers at the office and some Chik-Fil-A on the way home goes a long way with my puppy. Thank goodness for Goldfish...aka "Feech". I wave the baggie around and he sits through anything. Such a good dog.

This is what a trip to the vet and a full belly looks like:

With such a sweet face, you would never guess that he was a master escape artist would ya? Escaped right out of that drain tube! Unbeliveable.

Tally is as follows:
4 vet visits
1 box of Goldfish
2 prescriptions of antibiotics
4 prescriptions of steriods
1 liquid steriod shot (through the drain tube)
3 8 piece Chik-Fil-A nuggets
1 Hamburger plain
3 drain tubes
6 drain tube caps (remember, he twists the caps off all by himself...seriously NOT kidding here...and then he either chews them up and spits them out or he....drumroll....eats them. Great huh?)
1 blown up ear (see pic below)
2 frantic parents
and 1 very tired little dog....

No comments: