Friday, September 25, 2009

Letters J and K...

won't be sending my letter J out because I got Peanut Butter on it...lol ; I had a blood sugar drop right in the middle and, well, that is a hazard of the condition I guess....tee hee!

Letter J: This challenge calls for the use of traditional Christmas colours (Green, White and Red). You also must use some ribbon, bling and a Christmas sentiment. There is also a further challenge to take the negative space of a punched out piece of patterned paper (I used cardstock) and use it on your card. My addition for this little extra is Santa's little heart :)



Products used:
Card: Michael's
Cardstock: unknown (using up some scraps)
Crystals (Santa's Buttons): Darice
Inks: Distress Black Soot (Ranger)
Ribbon: Darice
Heart eyelet punch: Darice
Also used: Zig .08 pen; White Liquid Applique; Soda Can Tab

Yes, I was busy with the Liquid Applique again :) Santa's fur trim this time!


No belt can be complete without a buckle! Here is a Soda Pop can tab. I was going to die it with alcohol inks, but the sugar drop left me without any choice. No working with permanent materials when I am shaking and the dog is sleeping in his bed by my feet ;)



Letter K: This challenge calls for using scraps and leftovers from old kits. I used the Basic Grey Year In Review Mini Album kit leftovers and also recycled the daily newspaper for my flower.



Products used:
Card: DCWV Textured
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey Urban Prairie line
Brad: S.E.I.
Inks: Distress Black Soot, Broken China and Fired Brick (Ranger)
Alpha Stickers: recycled from unknown
Also used: Sanding Tool; Daily Newspaper

Side close up of newspaper flower:


Front close up of newspaper flower:

Loved how this flower turned out. I didn't have to worry about it being acid/lignin free since it was on a card. Next time I am going to use them on a layout and treat them with spray before I ink and distress them.
So far we have completed Letters A-K. I have not cut one new piece of paper yet! All have done with scraps and scraps only! That was my little challenge to myself :)
How about you? Are you cutting pieces that your heart is set on to use or are you doing the scrap challenge?


No comments: