Friday, October 23, 2009

"13 Days of Halloween"...Day 5...

Sorry about the delay. I have been sick all week and now I am backlogging to catch up with my "spook fest". I have been forced to pull out some old projects because I am not feeling well enough to finish up what I had planned.

Here is an old class layout that I taught. We made a mulberry paper torn ghost, used cheesecloth strips and made our own glittered chipboard letters with the help of the Xyron machine. There was a ton of distress inking going on too...you have to set the spooky mood right?

Page 1: Tag title reads "Spook Fest". Fits 1 5x7 photo.


Page 2: Mats are tied together with cheesecloth strips. Fits 2 4x6 photos.


Close-up of title made from tags and die cuts: Tags are tied together with cheesecloth strips.


Close-up of Ghost torn out of mulberry paper:


Close-up of Glittered Chipboard Letters:

We ran some chipboard through the Accucut machine. Then, we put them upside down through the Xyron machine. After we peeled the backing off of the letters, we poured glitter on each one and secured with a brayer.
Hope you are getting your decorations in order....Halloween is just around the corner :)

No comments: