Saturday, October 24, 2009

"13 Days of Halloween"...Day 6...

Window Treat Bag:
I apologize for the blurry photo. It seems that I couldn't stop sneezing long enough to take a good one. I think the photo below is slightly better.


I used mini favor bags like the ones below to hold the M&M's. I found them at my local craft store in the candy making section.


They are very easy to make. You can use patterned paper or make your own with stamps as I did here. The paper need to be 10 1/2" in length and 3 1/4" width.

Next you need to make your score lines. You can do this with your scoring blade on your trimmer as I did. If you don't have that option, you can use a bone folder or stylus and a metal ruler.

Score 1" in from the top. Using that score line as a base, score 1/4". Again using this last score line as your starting measuring point, score another line at 3 3/4". 2 more scores and we're done.
From the line at 3 3/4", measure 1" and score. From that score line, measure and score another at 1".

Now you need to cut your window. It will be cut in the end section (without the flap) I used my Coluzzle nested circle template (yes, I kept all my coluzzle templates throughout the years because I love them for projects such as this). All I did was eyeball it. Remember to leave a little extra room at the top for the flap to be tied.

You can fold the score lines. When you get to the 1" score lines in the middle, they are folded in, out, in....in the end it will look like the letter "W" from the side. This just makes the bag a little easier to stand up.

Fill the mini favor bag with candy of choice....in this case, M&M's. Fold the top over and staple. To attach it to the window treat bag itself, you need double sided tape placed right below the 1/4" score line on the unprinted side of the paper.

Punch 2 side by side 1/8" holes (I used my Crop-A-Dile) on each end of the paper strip. You may want to punch one side first and then line it up with the other side and mark it before punching.

Your final step is to tie shut with your favorite ribbon.

There you have it...a fast simple way to hand out your treats :)


Supplies used:
Cardstock: unknown (using up scraps)
Ribbon: Darice
Ink: Archival Jet Black (Ranger)
Stamps: Lil' Davis Designs (Large Bat); Colorbok (Small Bat); Studio G (Sentiment)
Other supplies: Coluzzle Circle Template; Mini Favor Bags (Wilton); Scoring Blade; Crop-A-Dile; M&M's


Well...I am still sick. The tonsillitis has now turned into a severe head cold, so I will not be going to work tomorrow. At least I will have my laptop and can hang out on We Scrap all day with the last day of the Think Pink crop. Yep....that will help ease the pain ;) If you haven't gotten a chance to check it out yet, there is one more day...so go join in the fun!

Hope you had a great weekend!

No comments: