Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Valentine hi....

These were my mass produced Valentines from last year. Ok....you caught me...it was only 21 that I sent out....but it seemed like it was a ton more....just ask my arm that almost fell off after die cutting and embossing with my Cuttlebug. Speaking of my Cuttlebug....it has been replaced :) Whoo hoo! I am back in business! The only down side is that I now have to restart my savings fund for some Copics...ugh....that is going to take awhile...good things are worth waiting for :)

All 21 cards were the same except for the sentiment in the center. They were a mix of "A Valentine Hi", "U R A Q T", "Sweet Thing" and some others that I now forget. It is a lot easier to produce multiple cards when using the same basic design. The first one is the hardest right? After that, they are easy-peasy :)

I used nothing but scraps for this bunch. I guess I could say that no 12x12 sheets of paper were harmed during the making of these Valentines ;)

Supplies Used:
Card: Michael's
Cardstock: Colormates (Red and Black); Unknown (White)
Patterned Paper: Flair (with the doves and hearts); Unknown (Green Floral)
Die Cuts: Quickutz Cookie Cutter Circles
Chipboard Shape: American Crafts
Other: Scallop Border Punch (Stampin' Up); Swiss Dots Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug); Sanding Tool (Tim Holtz); Zig Writer; Glossy Accents (Ranger)

Close Up of the center: Each chipboard shape was covered with Glossy Accents after the sentiment was added.


I don't have my design down for this year yet. I am hoping to get them finished this weekend so they can be mailed on Monday.

Do you send out Valentines? If so, how many? Are they homemade or store bought? Seriously...I want to know :) I love giving and getting Valentines....there is something so youthful and innocent about them. I especially used to love making the box to collect them in at school. Remember those days?

Above I had mentioned that good things are worth waiting for....well I have something good...great actually...that happened to me today. It was most definitely worth waiting for. Wanna know my secret? I am a Design Team Member for Simply Scrapping Crafts!!!!!!!! I am so incredibly excited! I just adore everything about the site and am really proud to be a part of it. THANK YOU JUDY!!!!

I am really nervous though because I have no clue as to where to start. I just finished printing off a bunch of things that were posted for the DT. I am going to take it to work with me so I can read through it. Any of you chickies who are on DT's have any pointers? It sounds crazy to ask that, but I just want to give my best. Help ease my nerves and share your wisdom :)

Come join in all of the fun we will be having...there is something for everyone at SSC! Sketches, challenges, great friends and more!!!!

http://simplyscrapping.ning.com/

Hope to see you there!

2 comments:

sarahw said...

Super cute Valentine's card. Congrats on making the design team, how fun for you! :)

Clare said...

Cute card - congrats on joining us! :) Everything will get sorted out soon enough! :)